What is the English School?
The English School offers total immersion (4 weeks) in the language and is designed to help students improve their communication skills as well as receive further training in missions, minister in English-speaking settings, and be better prepared to fulfill God’s calling. The school is committed to seeing students grow and develop as individuals.
The term includes class time, worship, intercession, outings, work duties, and other activities to fully immerse in the language. The YWAM LA base is an ideal place not only to learn but also to practice your English as there are a lot of English native speakers and people from all over the world who are still learning and practicing English!
ARRIVAL: AUGUST 30th, 2020
DEPARTURE: SEPTEMBER 29th, 2020
LECTURE PHASE: $1100 USD Including non-refundable $35 application fee
Prerequisite to do the English School. You need to be able to:
- introduce himself/herself and use basic greetings.
- say sentences using numbers, colors, months of the year and spell names using the alphabet.
- tell where he/she and others are from and give a basic description of the city.
- talk simply about family and others, describing appearance and personalities.
- talk about clothing at a basic level and go shopping using simple questions.
- talk about food and make simple orders for take-away food.
- talk about daily activities and chores and describe different parts of the house.
- talk about the weather and seasons.
- talk about hobbies and interests.
click for more info
Tuition is required to be paid in full on or before arrival day of the school
-To understand everyday expressions.
– To introduce yourself to others.
-To ask and answer basic questions about where you live, what you do etc.
-To have a simple conversation as long as the other person speaks slowly and clearly.
IS EVERYTHING IN ENGLISH?
Yes. ESL is an English immersion program; everything will be communicated in English. You will even need to fill out the application in English.
CAN I ATTEND ONLY PART OF THE ESL – COME LATE OR LEAVE EARLY?
No. You must come planning to attend the entire program. We have many applicants and can only accept those who commit to all 4 weeks. This means you cannot arrive late or plan to leave early.
CAN I TAKE TIME DURING THE ESL PROGRAM TO DO SOME PERSONAL TRAVELLING?
No. Your schedule will be full and all the activities are required. Please plan to do any personal traveling either before ESL begins or after it ends.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE OUTINGS?
The outings MAY include sporting events; going shopping; historical landmarks and buildings; fun activities; and going to church every Sunday.
CAN A 17-YEAR-OLD APPLY TO ESL?
No. All applicants must be at least 18 years old by the time the program starts.
DO ALL PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION AT THE END OF THE PROGRAM?
All who complete the program with a score of 80% or higher will receive a Certificate of Completion at graduation. Scores are based on attendance, punctuality, participation, effort, and homework.